Flood Repair & Restoration
Biocraft South West have many years experience in the flood repair sector. As flood repair and property drying specialists we will ensure that your property is restored to the highest of standards in the shortest possible time. Biocraft South West handles all stages of the flood repair and flood restoration process, eliminating the need for several companies to be involved. By handling all aspects of your flood repair the time required to carry out the work is significantly reduced and you will have the benefit of having just one point of contact.
Biocraft South West carries out flood restoration works including the pumping out of water and clearance of flood waters, post flood strip out and flood drying works.
Flood Repair Procedure
The steps to flood repair are as follows:
- Isolation and repair of the burst or leaking pipes by a qualified plumber the sooner the source of the water ingress can be stopped; the less flood damage will be caused.
- Rapid removal of flood water using pumps and vacuum system.
- Arrange for an insurance flood assessor to determine the schedule of flood repair works.
- Salvage and restoration of personal effects and household items.
- Removal and disposal of flood damaged materials and stripping out/opening up for drying out process.
- Installation of flood repair dehumidifiers and air movers to dry the property. Monitor humidity levels in other areas of the property.
- Restore the property to pre-flood condition, including redecorating and replacement of flood damaged flooring.
Biocraft South West can carry out specialist water leak detection surveys to determine the location of water leaks in domestic properties. We use a range of detection techniques including thermal imaging, acoustic profiling and tracer gas testing to determine the location following which, we expose and repair the defect. In most cases, we are able to repair the leak on the same day.
Once the water leak is repaired we can carry out all necessary drying and restoration works to return your property to its pre-loss condition.
The most common sources of leaks in the home are mains water and central heating pipework. Leaks commonly appear as dampness on floors and walls; unfortunately, they can be misdiagnosed as rising dampness. Biocraft South West also offers a comprehensive survey service to determine the source of any damp ingress. Once the leak is repaired, the restoration and drying process can start immediately.
To arrange a survey of your property or for further information regarding flood repair and restoration contact us today. We cover Andover, Bath, Bristol, Chippenham, Devizes, Marlborough, Oxford, Salisbury, Swindon, Trowbridge and Warminster.